Saturday, 11 April 2009
Bajan Salt Fish Cake
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-5 minutes
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 cup onions, finely chopped
* 1 cup flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* Salt to your taste
* 1 egg lightly beaten
* ¾ cup milk
* 1 tbsp butter, melted
* 2 tbsp eschalots (finely chopped)
* ½ lb, salted cod fish, cooked and flaked
* 1 large fresh hot pepper ( finely chopped)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
1. In a heavy frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onions until they are just wilted.
2. Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.Make a well in center and pour egg, butter and milk.
3. Mix together lightly, then add the onions, eschalot, salted cod fish, salt and pepper.
4. Stir well. Drop by tablespoon full into hot oil, but do not crowd them in the pan.